Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Yarn Along



Hello! Wednesday already? Joining with Ginny at Small Things for this week's Yarn Along.

So, I have finally finished all of the projects that I was making Phoebe for her birthday, and have now started something for moi! I am knitting myself a couple of pillow covers from this pattern. I have started with the back, which is just stockinette stitch and completely mindless. Perfect for my Downton Abby watching. And so sad that it has ended......

And although I have not snapped any pictures of them being modeled, as little Miss Phoebe has been sick for the pact two days, I have taken some photos of Phoebe's in-threes sweater, her plain vest, and her Summer into Fall jumper. I used some super inexpensive yarn for Phoebe's plain vest, and I am pretty disappointed with the way it turned out. Not that I normally use super expensive yarn, but this stuff was super cheap. Oh well. Lesson learned. I am happy with the other two projects though! (P.S.- the wonderful buttons on Phoebe's in-threes came from the lovely Taryn of Wooly Moss Roots!





Right Now I am reading The Human Age by Diane Ackerman. It's non-fiction about how humans are affecting the planet. So far I am loving it and may use it for my class next term. And, I got War and Peace back from the library again, so I am trying to plow through as much as that as I can before it has to go back again.



What are you reading? What are you knitting?
Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Your baby knits are so cute! And the Diane Ackerman book sounds very interesting... I'm off to see if my library has a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all just adorable! I have had that happen with yarn several times. It's a great bargain but then I don't enjoy knitting with it or how it turns out. Lessons learned....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love them all Taryn, such beautiful knits for your girl. I hope she feels better soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your knits are just beautiful and I know your sweet girl must love them
    I just saw that Downton Abby is on Prime so maybe I can finally catch an episode.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your perseverance with War and Peace. Such fun things you made for your daughter. I hope that Phoebe is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. all of your knitting is beautiful and she is going to LOVE each and every single one of them. She will look so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. western culture any thought what happened around the eighteen hundreds the present day foment Intellimax IQ this is the mechanical change pulverization outline checked for you that is the thing that happened as an as a sort oafs an in like manner on the off chance that you investigate head what happened in our general populace is that at this minute in time we see we see something like these which is the extending pace that is going on is really taking place society hits the dance floor with youths directing when you're .

    http://masspmmusclegrowth.com/intelimax-iq/

    ReplyDelete
  8. with obsessive-compulsive issue, the interior conversation may be greatly struggling from Brainup IQ worries about contamination such as "I need to wash my hands, they have viruses on them" or "I'm not using that toilet tissue at another individual's .


    http://masspmmusclegrowth.com/brainup-iq/

    ReplyDelete