Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Yarn Along


Hello!  Joining with Ginny at Small Things for this week's Yarn Along.

I have finally gotten my knitting bug back. I finished Phoebe's jumper (which took me months to finish). I think that this jumper is part of the reason I got so stuck with knitting-- there is nothing hard or wrong with the pattern-- I was just not having fun knitting it. The other part is that I have just not had much motivation for much of anything lately-- several months. But, my motivation is back, at least for now, so I am taking advantage while I can.....So this past week I finished the jumper and also finished a plain vest for Phoebe. Both will be for her birthday on March 1st. Maybe I will get some finished pictures up before then.

I decided to start another in-threes sweater for Miss P as well. I have knit this one before and it is a fun one to knit up. Since she is turning 5, she will soon be too big for all of my favorite "little kid" patterns, so I figured I would make her another while I still could. Plus she picked out some super cute ladybug buttons from the flock and fiber festival last fall (made by the very lovely and talented Taryn from Wooly Moss Roots!) I think this sweater will be the perfect home for them.

I am back to reading War and Peace, as well as several herb books and a global warming reader. I seem to have a giant stack of to-read books that keeps growing because my pace at War and Peace is so slow. Oh well, only 900 more pages to go!



What are you reading? What are you knitting?
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment