Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Yarn Along


Well, hello! Joining with Ginny at Small Thing's for this week's Yarn Along .

It's been really hot here. The kind of hot that doesn't inspire much knitting. I did finish up another slouchy hat (for me!). I love the colors. I still need to add buttons, but that can come later. The kids and I are going camping next week at the coast, so I may actually have a chance to wear it (although with 90-degree weather here, it just doesn't seem possible!). I tried to take a picture of me wearing it this morning, but my eyes are still too tired-looking. I need more coffee!! Photo to come soon.....

I am just about to start this sweater for myself. I am a little hesitant about what size I should make..but I can't wait to knit this one up. I can already think of several places I want to wear it!!

In the reading world, I am trying to finish up Tender Morsels, a very strange book. I am not even sure how to explain it to you, so I won't.  It's very magical and imaginative, and at times, confusing.  It does have a sweet, endearing aspect to it though, which makes me want to read on. I am thinking that at the end, somehow it will all make more sense?

And, since it is almost summer, I will be posting my summer reading list soon! I can't wait!

What are you reading? What are you knitting?
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes all you have to say about a book is magical, and that says it all. Enjoy the rest of it! I've put away my bulky knitting too because of the weather. Lightweight shawls in the summer, that's the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty sweater! That book looks sooo interesting based on the book cover but I'm not sure it is for me based on your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that next knit, just added it to my favs, I think I might need one too. Have fun camping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camping on the coast sounds great. Enjoy! Will look forward to the picture of you in your new hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite intrigued by Tender Morsels now!

    Enjoy the camping! We are hoping to go to Woolfest in Cumbria for a long weekend of camping, but it's all weather dependent...

    ReplyDelete