Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Yarn Along


Joining with Ginny at Small Thing's for this week's Yarn Along .

I finished up this sun romper for Miss Phoebe over the past week . I gave it a quick try-on and it fits her! It's a little baggy, but that leaves plenty of room for her to grow this summer. Now we just need appropriate weather.... I just cast on to make this matching headband, as I had some yarn leftover. I am normally not a huge fan of headbands, but I think this one will be a cute accent.

And then, once that is complete, I have a couple different projects that I will be casting on for ME! Stay tuned next week......

It has been an emotionally hectic couple of weeks for me, and I haven't made much time to read. I did finish Toxin Toxout, which I hope to post a review for soon. I am now about to dig into Freeing Your Child From Anxiety, which (fingers crossed) should  give me some good tips on how to deal with the ups and downs of Finn.

What are you reading? What are you knitting?
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you are planning to cast on for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should knit for you! hope your hecticness gets less hectic very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those books sound interesting.
    love that purple!

    ReplyDelete