Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Coconut-Chocolate Muffins

I have been on a coconut kick lately, so when the kids asked for muffins yesterday, I decided to find a recipe that could fulfill my craving and make them happy too. I have adapted this recipe to accommodate what we had on hand. And everyone was pleased with the results!

Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup sugar (or sub 1/2 cup honey)
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup culinary coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 cup coconut flakes
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
Mix everything together, pour into greased or lined muffin tins, and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Yum!


Pin It Now!

3 comments: