Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Yarn Along


Joining with Ginny at Small Thing's for this week's Yarn Along .

Last week I finished up one of these cowls for myself. However, I ran out of yarn about 9 rows from the end (and it was a random, leftover skein I got when I yarn shop was closing), so it doesn't have the heft that it is supposed to. I have still worn it a bit, but it's not quite what I had imagined.

This week I have been working on Phoebe's Phoebe's sweater. I am hoping to have the sweater and the mouse doll done in time for her birthday on March 1st. It's chunky yarn on big needles, so it should go quickly.

I'm still reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I have a bit over 100 pages left and I can't wait to find out what happens. This is a favorite read of mine!


What are you reading? What are you knitting?
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. beautiful knit! I love your photo companion as well, what a helper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo-bombing pup. I have a few "helpers" here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture makes me smile - your friend looks so serious and big ;-)
    Good luck with your beautiful birthday presents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater is pretty and the color is perfect. I am reading the Goldfinch and yet I loved the beginning, I didn't like the middle. Hopefully the end is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo, your knitting work looks stunning.

    Have a nice day!!

    Lluisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete