Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Yarn Along


Joining with Ginny at Small Thing's for this week's Yarn Along.

Guess what?!? I have finally finished my  sweater. Well, I have finished the knitting part anyways. I still have to weave in the ends (bleh), add buttons, and block. And I really need this blocking to work out. Despite the fact that I knit the sweater a size larger than I am, it is skin tight.... almost too small. I am hoping a good blocking will help stretch it out. I think trying it on and realizing how tight it was has somewhat zapped my motivation for finishing up, but I should have some time this week, so I hope to get it done. Pictures to come soon!

I have also been working on a plain vest for a friend's little girl. And even though Phoebe already has two of these sweet little vests, she keeps asking if this one is for her. And when I say that it's not, she begs me to make her another one.  So, somehow I feel like I may have another plain vest in my near future.

I  am currently reading Requiem, the last in Lauren Oliver's trilogy as well as a book called Childhood and Nature: Design Principles for Educators. A friend and I are starting an after school program at Finn's school that will focus on environmental education and conflict resolution, and I am hoping this book may spark some ideas.

What are you reading? What are you knitting?

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for finishing!! Can't wait to see it all put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippie for finished projects. Looking forward to seeing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! Can't wait to see the finished sweater! The color looks amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHGH have tried to comment three times.
    Maybe you'll get all of them.....
    Congrats on the finished project!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your sweater! I'm working on my first adult sweater... I hope your blocking works out. My sweater oops was that I switched patterns half way through and ran out of yarn.. Now I can't find more of the same dye batch. Ooops hehehe. Shine on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your after school program sounds awesome ~ teaching skills much needed by our children. Much success with it. I love the sweater!

    ReplyDelete