Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Happy Autumn!


Happy first day of fall everyone!
One of my calendars said the first day of fall is today, the other says it was yesterday. There seems to be a lack of agreement on the internet as well. So, I decided on celebrating it today. Why not.
I love fall. I love the crispness of the morning air, the warmth of the late afternoon sun, the changing of the leaves.
I love the urge I get to stay home and start (and finish) projects-- things that have been on my mind since summer, but have been set aside for social schedules and outdoor explorations.
I love the return to a more steady rhythm, where things have a scheduled time and place.
I love the warmth of a cozy kitchen where smells of deliciousness fill the air.

This summer was a fantastic one, filled with lots of fun and adventure, but I am ready to start teaching again and ready to shift to a (somewhat) slower pace. It has been a hot summer here and I am looking forward to cooler temperatures. I am even looking forward (a little) to the rain, although I know that it will likely get old pretty quickly.

What are you looking forward to this fall?



Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Autumn to you too! I'm definitely looking forward to spending more time inside as the days go along, working on little decluttering projects, cooking more soups and taking out all the blankets again and just taking it easy! But also the Fall walks, I'm definitely looking forward to the crisp air Fall walks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to being cold and the lovely colors on the trees!!

    ReplyDelete