Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Feeling Grateful (and Paintful)

This weekend, I am feeling so grateful that I have finally finished painting the inside of our house (well.... almost- I have one small wall left, but that will happen later today). Painting the house has been on my "to-do" list since we moved in over 7 years ago, and I am SO happy to have walls of my own choosing!
I painted the living area a warm beige, the kitchen off-white, green in the dining area, yellow in the hallway and light gray in my bedroom. I touched up the paint in the kids room as well, but decided it could stay the blue and green we painted it before Finn was born.
These pictures don't quite give the full effect, but, you can get the idea. It was a lot of work, but well worth it!




What are you grateful for today?
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Now that is a big project to take one, good for you. It looks great, and I bet it feels great to have it all done. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colors! I especially love the look of the yarn basket on top of the shelf! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the new look :) I am grateful for being home, having lots of ideas for knitting projects, and dinners and talking to my kids.

    ReplyDelete