Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, August 18, 2014

Looking Forward


Summer time in Portland is wonderful. And hectic. When you live somewhere where rain is the norm 9 months out of the year, you have to soak up the sunny summer while you can. And we do.  Summer weekends start to get booked up in March. The calendar has plans scribbled all over it. And we are more social in the 3 months of summer than the whole rest of the year. It is super fun and it always seems to fly by.
But, it is tiring too.
And honestly, although I am not yet looking forward to going back to work in September, I am starting to feel ready for the transition to summer's end. My body is starting to crave more routine, and I am looking forward to a day when there is nothing on the calendar.
As much as I love to be spontaneous, deep down inside, I feel best when I have a rhythm.

So- here is to enjoying these last weeks of summer to the very fullest!

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture!! I also don't want summer to end!☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure I could handle 9 months of rain. We had a rainy and cool few days last week, and I was done with it when the sun finally shone again on Sunday. I don't know how you do it.

    Enjoy these last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been a while, glad to see you are still at it and posting beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete