Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Yarn Along


Joining in for another Yarn Along today.

Well, not much progress has happened on the knitting front. I had to frog the beginning of my sweater as I was confused by the way the instructions were written and made a mistake I didn't want to live with. Looking back, the instructions makes sense now, but I was interpreting them a different way. I tried to just rip it back to before my mistake, but tiny needles and small loops make that tricky (for me) to do. Better that it happened now than further on, but I still lost a few hours of work. Oh well. On another note, I have managed to yarn bomb my crutches a bit....

I have been so exhausted every night-- I think chasing little Phoebe while I am on crutches is wearing me out-- that I haven't had the motivation to re-start my sweater. I've been a little bit mad at that sweater (well, just yarn now), actually. Hopefully this weekend I can sit down and make friends with it again.

And, I am still reading a big ol' stack of books about toxins so that I can decide which I should have my class read next term. I'll let you know when I pick a winner.

Do I sound crabby? I am feeling a bit frustrated being on crutches on not being able to do everything I normally do.... or doing things but twice as slow as normal. And, the worst part is that I haven't felt much improvement in my knee yet. I am definitely a person who needs to be out and about-- outside, moving my body, getting fresh air. And instead, I have been inside and driving a car a lot, and I think it is starting to get to me. I can't even do yoga. So send healing thoughts to my knee and fingers crossed I don't need surgery!

What are you reading? What are you knitting? Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about you on those crutches, I can imagine it is not easy. Hang in there. Sending thoughts and prayers that it heals and you won't need surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found the mistake so soon! Sorry for the crutches and the chasing of children, makes you appreciate simple things like walking. I hope you heal super fast so you can keep up with life :)

    ReplyDelete