Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Hello 2014!

This post is a few days later than I wanted it to be, as we were at the Oregon coast for the start of the new year (I promise a post about that, with lots of pictures, soon!).
I always look forward to the new year. A time for change and new beginnings, goals and new projects. A chance for anything to be possible. And, every year, I make a list of resolutions that I would like to tackle in the new year. And every year, my list is huge. Seriously huge. I never accomplish the whole list, but really, that's not the point. The point is for me to figure out where I want to focus my energy in the year to come and how I would like to prioritize my time.
This year some of my resolutions are to focus on the health of myself and my family (things like trying to find more easy but nutritious snacks to feed my kids and signing myself up to run a half marathon), working on my patience with the kiddos (I think this one has been on my list for several years running....), keeping a gratitude journal, and re-starting my 365 photo project.
In thinking about the past year, I have started to realize that I spent a lot of time inside my own head, and wasn't really as present in life as I want to be. But, I am feeling optimistic about 2014 and am grateful for a new year that is full of possibility.
Hoping that each and every day of this new year is filled with love and laughter- for all of us!

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Those are some good resolutions for the New Year. Good luck!

    All the best in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! I'm patient now with my kids now that they are college age :D Seriously, love your list and I hope you share your nutritious snacks.

    ReplyDelete