Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival

  

Today, my knitting pals and I braved the downpour and headed to Canby, Oregon for the annual Flock and Fiber festival. As always, there was amazing yarn and wool for sale-- and just being around all of that wool got my creative wheels spinning.... oh, the potential! We saw some gorgeous batiks, some amazing needle-felted creations, and plenty of adorable animals. The bleats from the sheep make me laugh every time; I swear it never, ever gets old.
I almost left the festival without buying anything except a mocha, but just before leaving, some yarn caught my eye. It was gorgeous and was perfect for a project I had in mind, but it was a bit out of my price range. As I was leaving, the shop owner stopped me and offered it for half off, as it was the end of that colorway. It made my day!
I mainly took photos of the animals, as they were just so cute. We saw teeny-tiny babies and got to watch a goat being shorn. The dreary weather made for less than ideal photos, but it was so much fun I have to share them anyways.










Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day. So wish we had a fibre festival around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so lucky you live close to go there! I'm a little bit jealous. Look at all those sheep!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you got me with the baby lamb... so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos turned out beautifully, pays to have a good camera.
    I had to edit mine a ton.
    Such a fun day, can't wait for next year!

    ReplyDelete