Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Guests

Last Friday, both my mom and my dad flew out from Chicago to spend some time with me and the kids. My dad left Monday morning and my mom stayed until yesterday morning. The week flew by.
Lulu and Pappy (as my kiddos call them) did a great job spoiling us while they were here. We ate. A lot. And it was all so delicious. We went to the zoo and the science museum. A trip to the farmer's market. Wandered around the Bite of Oregon. Ate some more. We saw the movie Planes. We walked the neighborhood. Drank margaritas for lunch. It was a great visit and so nice for the kids to spend some time with their grandparents.
My mom, me and the kids also squeezed in a night at the coast... but I will leave that for a separate post tomorrow. For now, I am still trying to find my rhythm as we settle back into a 'normal' life for this coming week.












Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely visit! Those tomatoes look amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a visit and boy did the week go fast for me. I bet the kids loved having them at their house and you as well!!

    ReplyDelete