Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Our Not-So-Little Duckings!

The last time I posted about the ducks, Dottie had just suffered 2 puncture wounds into her skull, and her future was a bit precarious. So, I thought it was time for a quick update (and, of course, a lot of photos).
Dottie is doing great and appears to be completely recovered. I think there is always a chance that she could have some injuries that we can't see, but for now, she is acting just like her brother and sister. Rye (who got wry neck at about a week old) also seems to be doing well... his neck is still slightly askew, but he is swimming and managing just fine. In fact, if I hadn't seen him before, when his neck was basically hanging upside down, I don't think I would even notice it. All three babes are growing like crazy and their downy fluff is being replaced with feathers. We have a couple of trips planned in the upcoming weeks, and I feel like by the time I get back home, they will be grown up ducks!
So, for now, I am enjoying their clumsiness and their antics.











Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Oh they are so cute!!! Maybe we need to add a few ducks to our little homestead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your ducks are doing so well. They are sure cute. Bet your children enjoy watching them. I have been on vacation and "unplugged" for a couple of weeks. Sounds like you are all having a great summer! Enjoy the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, just like our children they grow up too fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are huge and still just as adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the update and I'm glad your maimed ducks are healthy ducks now!

    ReplyDelete