Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Summer 2013 Readling List

Every summer I make a reading list. And, I never make it through it. I see other books that I want to read that aren't on my list and read those instead. Life gets in the way.  Fun happens. And having 2 kids at home full time, I never get as much reading in as I would like. But that's OK. For me, it's fun to think about what books I would like to read when my mind is on a break from work, and to try and set a goal to get those read.
So, since I give a final today, TOMORROW is the official start of my summer break. Woo-hoo! And, in a pre-celebratory fashion, I have decided to put together my summer want-to read list. And, without further ado, I will share it with you!














It's a bit long this year.... there were too many I wanted to read and I just couldn't narrow it down. I know I won't make it through all 12!
Do you make a summer reading list? If so, what are you reading?

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a great, and ambitious, summer reading list! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome - I want to read all of these!

    Thus far, my summer reading is only parenting books. Starting "Siblings Without Rivalry" and then hoping to read "Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids". I've also been wanting to start Songs of Ice and Fire, but I'm not quite ready to commit to that much reading at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. Be sure and let us know how you like "The Rent Collector." I also want to re-read "The Great Gatsby." I haven't read it since high school. I am currently reading "Almost Amish" which is about decreasing our "footprints" and living "slower, simpler, more sustainable lives." That really appeals to me right now! The author is a Christian environmentalist the the book is very interesting and thought provoking. I am really enjoying it and want to incorporate some of her ideas. You are like me. I always make a summer reading list (in the case of this summer - a summer reading stack of books,) read a couple of of them, then get distracted by other books and end up reading those. In the end, I never get to read as much as I want to - hey, but at least I read! Enjoy your summer and thanks for sharing your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list...can't wait to read your reviews on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have the ken kesey if you want to borrow it. i started it on spring break but haven't touched it since.

    ReplyDelete