Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, May 19, 2013

On Finishing.....


Over the past few weeks I have felt that I have had way too much on my plate, and I could feel that it was weighing me down. This weekend was finally a chance to slow down and get caught up, or at least work towards getting caught up. And, it feels good.
  • I finally finished Phoebe's In Three's sweater (pictures to come soon) and I am almost done with my other knitting project that has been sitting around for months (4 months to be exact)- I hope to finish that one up in the next day or two.
  • All of the plants and starts that we bought are finally in the ground. I wouldn't say that my work in the garden is finished (is it ever?) but at least what remains isn't pressing. For now.
  • I did some cleaning that was needed direly. The kids room is vacuumed and tidied, the fridge and pantry have been purged and organized, the back porch where we do most of our art is picked up, and the laundry is folded and put away. Hurrah!
 And now, the husband is napping, the children are playing quietly together, and I am going to prepare for next week's classes and cook up a big ol' pot of soup for dinner. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. My daughter was wishing for soup for dinner, I should have sent her to your house. We had homemade burgers and fries instead. Glad you finished the sweater and I cannot wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have everything in the ground too...but it's not all doing as great as I hoped...yet.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel - I have too many unfinished projects right now, but school will be over for summer at the end of the week and I am hoping I will finally be able to breath and get some things finished! Enjoy the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete