Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Craving Completion and A Run Down of Mothers Day

Life here has been hectic. Mostly fun hectic, but hectic nonetheless. I feel like I have barely had time to breathe, much less keep up with the needs of a family of 4 (and definitely no time to blog...). Most of my craziness has been my schedule... classes, meetings, appointments, family obligations, plans with friends. But I have also been feeling an inner chaos from too many projects started and not enough completed: knitting projects I just can't seem to finish off, books that are remaining on my nightstand for much too long, plants still in pots waiting for their turn in the dirt, and other projects on my to-do list that just keep getting pushed back. My hope for the upcoming days is to try and find completion. My schedule is starting to calm down some, and I am hoping to squeeze in some more time for completing projects left unfinished. I know it won't happen with all my loose ends all at once, but I think some finishing will motivate me to keep finishing, and I am pretty sure that will bring some much needed peace and relaxation.

Can I quickly tell you about my Mothers Day? Todd left with the kids early so I could sleep in (well, lie in bed anyways) and came back with flowers, a latte, pastries, and a card with a spa gift certificate in in. What a way to wake up! We went out to breakfast, bought some new plants at the nursery, and then the family headed to the Timbers soccer game. For dinner, I headed out for an evening on the town with some other mama-friends, while the dads did the bedtime routine. When I got home at 9:30, the house was sparkling clean. What a lovely day!! Thanks to my amazing family!




Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Hectic is tough, even when it is a fun hectic. Glad to hear things will slow down a bit for you soon.

    Sounds like a great Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a nice mother's day! Hope things slow down & completion comes for you - I so so so understand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely mother's day, I hope your days slow down and your schedule lightens so you can tackle those projects :)

    ReplyDelete