Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Yarn Along



Linking up with Ginny at Small Things for this week's Yarn Along.

The weather here this week has been gorgeous and it feels like summer! Over the weekend, I got together with a couple of gals to knit and drink margaritas. I was working on  wee little milo for a friend who is due soon. And what I learned was, it is not a good idea to knit things where you have to count increases and remember to switch between knitting and purling while you are drinking tequila and laughing with friends. I was about halfway through with the milo and the next morning realized how many mistakes I had made and ended up frogging it. But, I am forging on and hope to have it finished by the weekend. One day I will finish up Phoebe's In-Threes cardigan and Finn's monster, both of which I have been working on for ages.

I am currently reading Crimes Against Nature by RF Kennedy Jr. and am still plodding through Moby Duck. But, I am really feeling the urge for a fun fiction read to mix things up.... any great suggestions for an easy read?

What are you reading? What are you knitting? Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Socializing is dangerous to knitting health you know! With each giggle and laugh and story to tell there's a good chance a mistake will be made!! Love the color of the yarn, and I'm glad you found the mistakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the knitting but I bet the margaritas were good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I think that's why I gave up knitting. If I'm going to sit still for that long, I might as well have a margarita. And if I'm going to have a margarita, I'm going to pull the whole damn thing out.
    XO

    ReplyDelete