Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekending....


Linking up with Amanda at Habit of Being.

This weekend was mostly recovery and taking things slow.

A mama night out for pub knitting with some friends
and realizing, as I cam home exhausted at 10:30,
that I must have the cold that has overrun my kiddos.

Saturday morning the hubby let me sleep in,
and this worn-out mama needed it.
I did some chores and a wee bit of work,
a family walk to the library,
and some preparations for our upcoming vacation.
The husband went out, kids were tucked in early,
and I did a little reading and had a Parenthood marathon.
Exactly what this lady needed.

Sunday morning we grabbed pastries and coffee
from the best French bakery right down the street.
A family walk to the grocery store, a trip to the park,
and a whole lot of laziness in between.
A sunny late afternoon and dinner on the grill.
A quiet evening reading and knitting,
resting up for a big week to come.

How was your weekend?

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you're feeling better. This time of year those colds sneak up on us, I'm afraid. A little 'downtime', hot tea and rest are always the cure, I'm convinced! Glad to hear that you were able to get a little rest in :) Other than the not feeling good your weekend sounds picture perfect!
    p.s. how did she make out with the leggings?? :)
    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. how nice you had an outing with friends and slept in! I bet you did have fun!! Our weekend was kind of low key-it's spring break for my son so we are keeping the days open for whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your weekend sounds great! sleeping in, pastries, coffee...yes please!

    ReplyDelete