Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Yarn Along


Linking up with Ginny at Small Things for another yarn along.
Still reading The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. I am only about 150 pages in, but I have had almost no time to read this past week. I am enjoying it, however, there are a lot of characters and I am just now finally able to remember who they all are. I should have made a cheat sheet!
I have put aside the couple other projects I am working on and trying to knit up this fox in time for Phoebe's birthday on Friday.  It's small, so I think I can do it, but I also have about a million other things on my to-do list! It would fit perfectly with her woodland-themed party, so fingers crossed that I get it done!
What are you reading? What are you knitting? Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. That little fox so cute..I love your header..what a sweet picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taryn, that yarn is such a lovely color, very foxy :-)

    I tried to read ACV, I really did. But, I think there was just too much of my heart wanting a wizard to be around the corner, you know? Which is kind of a shame, because she crafts such dimensional characters.

    I'll be interested to know what you think of it as you get further along in your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am listening to "A Casual Vacancy" at the moment, and I am not really getting into it at all :( I guess that is the downside of writing a best-seller series beforehand - expectations are just too high!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat fox! I'm sure everyone will want one! I would! And I've been wondering about that book. I have heard thumbs up and thumbs down on it. Wonder what your final answer will be?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've thought about trying that pattern - looking forward to seeing yours! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see your fox!
    Happy knitting:)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, I love that fox! Such a wonderful gift that will be! (I must tell my knitting daughter about this!) Have fun getting birthday ready! ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that color of yarn! I just bought some cotton worsted in that color for a spring time shawlette. I'm reading Wuthering Heights.

    ReplyDelete