Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Yarn Along


Linking up with Ginny at Small Things for another yarn along.
So, I did it! I finally tried cables and you know what? They aren't that hard. I mean, yes, you do have to pay close attention and it is far from mindless knitting, but they are OK. Pretty fun, actually. Phoebe's milo vest is going sort of slow, since I am trying to pay close attention, but hoping I will have it done by next week (now that I have overcome my fear of cables!). When I need some mindless knitting, I have been working on baby hats and another drop-stitch cowl (my fourth- I am addicted!).
I started reading The Beautiful Ruins for my latest book club read, and so far it is good. Interesting, ironic humor, and easy to read. I am still plugging through the book Dirt as well, and I am surprised how poetic it is for a work on non-fiction.
What are you reading? What are you knitting? Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. You go!!! It looks awesome. Can't wait to see it one her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got cables perfected, which I knew you would!! Lovely knitting you have there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh cables are my next attempt. You've given me courage, and I love the color you're working in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your milo is looking great! fantastic colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The milo looks very pretty with the cables! Isn't it fun to try something new and mastering it? Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not done cables yet, but you've helped me feel more confident about them. :)

    ReplyDelete