Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

What We're Reading

Ever since Finn was a baby, we have been a library family. We go to story times and we always have a basket of library books at home to choose from. Going to the library with Finn used to be somewhat of  ritual.... choosing books and CDs, maybe a movie or two.... but now that Finn is in school 5 days a week, plus therapy and OT, it gets harder and harder to make that trip with him. I have tried to develop that same ritual with Phoebe, however, she is currently in a stage where she just wants to dismantle everything, and going to the library with her is a lot of work. She will just pull book after book off of the shelf until I stop her, and then, while I am cleaning up, she will run to a new spot and do the same. Needless to say, I don't bring her to the library a whole lot these days (unless she is safely secured in a stroller!)
That means that I have been on solo missions to the library more often than not. This also means that I am choosing the books to bring home, and while the kids may not be as happy with my selections, I am happier reading them (you can only read Fancy Nancy so many times, right?)
In the past couple of weeks I have brought home 2 books that I have just fallen in love with, so I would like to share them here: Wazzyjump and Too Tall Houses. Both are sweet books about friendship and both have darling illustrations. They have become fast favorites of mine.



Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I will add these to our library list for this week!!

    We had to stop going to the library for several months because Damon did the same thing - pulled every book off of every shelf, making trips frantic and stressful. Thankfully, he eventually gave that up.

    But, I definitely agree - I think it's so important to find books that YOU enjoy too. Reading should be enjoyable for everyone. Not a dreaded chore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, I will take a look for them next week when we head to the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. will have to check thouse out too!
    I have a line up of tittles I want to post about too, reading and picture books are key around here too :)

    ReplyDelete