Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, February 18, 2013

Watching for Spring


I just finished up a 2 week bird watching class and I am feeling pretty motivated to improve my bird identification skills. So yesterday, Todd and I took the kids (and the binoculars) and went for a hike at a local wildlife refuge that is known for its abundance of birds. We didn't actually see too many birds... it was a little bit late in the morning, and kids can be pretty loud so I think we may have scared many away. But, Finn was way into it and loved looking through the binoculars and getting a closer view of the world.
As we walked, we looked for signs of spring, which, really, is right around the corner.




Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. How much fun to take a bird watching class. I am working on my bird calls right now, trying to decipher them by their sound. Fun time.

    Enjoy your bird watching adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've seen few birds lately ~ but every once in a while beautiful red cardinal or two! Great adventure for your children ~ the 'looking for' is as much fun as the 'discovering of'! ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete