Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, February 25, 2013

This Girl



There is a special little girl in our house that is almost two..... hard to believe, isn't it? Party preparations are underway, my mom will be here in just a few days to celebrate, and suddenly my baby is starting to seem pretty big.
The past week or so has been hectic (and amazingly fun) beyond belief. We have somehow had a lot of social plans with friends new and old... too many late nights makes for a tired mama, but I sure have been having fun. Now I am trying to get everything ready for my mom's visit and Phoebe's birthday while still maintaining the craziness of our regular lives. Times like these, when we are so busy and it seems that all we do is go-go-go, I have to constantly remind myself to slow down, to stop and enjoy the little things. Phoebe's approaching birthday reminds me how fast time really does go, and I need to soak up these moments with my littles before they are little-no-more. Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, two!! How exciting. Enjoy the preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute two-year-old! So nice your mom can come and celebrate with you. Have a wonderful, happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two is a good number. They learn so much in the year ahead of them. It's an exciting time! Good luck with party celebrations and visiting with your mom :) And yes, pause and soak up these moments as often as you dare :) (I think that's why there is yarn and tea in the world ~ they force the issue!) ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2??? yep, she is getting older but such a sweetheart on the computer screen. Have fun planning and getting ready for the celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TWO! It's gone by fast, hasn't it? I hope you have a wonderful celebration!

    ReplyDelete