Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Gratitude Sunday


Happily joining in with the other Taryn of Wooly Moss Roots for a Gratitude Sunday post.

Right now I am feeling so very very grateful for the wonderful weekend weather. It can be easy to get the winter blues in Portland, as we sometimes don't see the sun for days on end, and some sunshine (and warm weather to boot) seriously warms the soul.

I also feel incredibly grateful for my 2 amazing children. When I tucked Finn into bed the other night, he told me how much he loved me and that he wanted to live with me forever, even when he was a grown up. As much as I hope that doesn't happen, it was enough to melt my heart.

And finally, feeling very grateful that one of our dogs, Puppy Cow, who recently had a tumor removed, does not have cancer!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and have lots to be grateful for! Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Thank goodness that your dog is fine! I bet that was a sweet relief. I love when kids say they want to live at home forever (they kind of do in our minds!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :) when kids say things like that it's thoroughly adorable! My little one isn't speaking *English* just yet but I can't wait til she does!
    Great news about your dog too!

    All the best,
    H xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely weekend weather, how nice. And happy to hear your dog is okay. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those moments with kids when they say how much they love you... wow. nothing like it ever. :) and yeah for the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that picture of your kiddos.

    Beautiful gratitudes. :)

    Love,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete