Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Yarn Along and Some Finished Awesomeness


Joining in with Ginny at Small Things for another yarn along! So, I had a big week in knitting. Well, more just a week of finishing projects, so it made me feel like I was accomplishing a lot. Don't you love the feeling of finishing something up? I finally finished Phoebe's tiny tea leaves and I am so in love with it. Blue is her color and the cardi is just so sweet. I also finished up a second drop-stitch cowl (I LOVE these cowls!) and decided to keep in for myself. Why not? I also knit up a quick new pair of mittens for Phoebe. Moshi ate her last pair and the weather has been mighty cold. So, what am I knitting now? I am just getting ready to start this adorable cowl/hat for Phoebe. I am a little nervous, as part of the trim is crochet, and I have no clue how to do it, but it is too cute to not try. I just bought yarn for a Milo vest for Phoebe too, so I am hoping to cast that on soon as well.
Just started reading Cutting for Stone. My mom sent it to me awhile back, and after 2 more friends recommending it, I decided I should dig in. It is set in Ethiopia, and I always seem to get sucked into books that take place in Africa. So far I am loving it.
What are you reading? What are you knitting?







Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. She is beautiful in her new sweater! The color is great and I love the ruching detail at the yoke!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. I think you may have a little fashion model on your hands. Really pretty sweater and gorgeous color.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little sweater on a gorgeous little girl! I especially love the pic of her looking up at you. That little smile on her face is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that sweater looks perfect on your baby girl! it is so much fun to knit for the smaller set. the mittens look great as well. keep warm in your cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man the mittens and sweater combo is slayin' me. I need to make myself a cowl. It's so chilly here these days, might be just the thing I need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks great in her new sweater, and I love your cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sweater and the child wearing the sweater is very cute !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness! Phoebe in her blue sweater is almost too much! So precious. I found the neck to wide in the tiny tea leaves I knit but yours looks just perfect!
    I also whipped up a drop stitch cowl recently - a quick knit is so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete