Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sorry...


So Phoebe, at 22 months, has entered a very cute phase. She is all sorts of silly and is talking up a storm, making me laugh left and right. But, my favorite thing that she has started doing is apologizing. I know it seems like a simple thing, saying sorry when you hurt someone or do something 'naughty', but it melts my heart every time.

Me: "Phoebe, ouch! That really hurts mommy when you kick me"
Phoebe: "sorry mama"

And, just like that, I am not upset anymore because it is just so darn cute. I think a lot of it is because Finn never spontaneously apologized, and, in fact, still has trouble with apologies. So, the fact that she uses the word (appropriately) just seems amazing to me (toddlers can do this?!?). And, especially since she can't say "s" sounds very well, and it comes out all fuzzy sounding, just makes it even cuter. And if someone is really sad, her sorry comes with a leg hug.


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. You have darling kids. (I know many adults who have trouble appropriately using the words "I'm sorry" so Phoebe is ahead of the game!) Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete