Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Solstice Lantern


For the winter solstice, Finn and I made a lantern out of wool roving. I didn't seem to have the time to post it before solstice, but I thought it was still share-worthy, as this would be a fun project to do anytime. The instructions came from the Fall 2011 edition of Living Crafts.
I know that wool is flame-resistant, but I must say that I watched it carefully the entire time that there was a tea-light burning in there. I think that a glowstick or small flashlight would work really well for this lantern.



Pin It Now!

4 comments: