Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Handmade Holidays

Now that everyone has opened their gifts, I can finally share the handmade gifts I made this year. I posted awhile back about how, for many reasons, I tried to make as many of my holidays gifts as possible this year. And while I didn't hand make every single one, I did come pretty close. Here is what I made for family and friends this year....

A Small Things Sweater for one niece


A hat and mitten set for her sister



And matching Minnie Mouse bags for them both


The Minnie Mouse bags each had a wee gnome inside


My dad got some mittens


My mom got some jewelry


Finn got a monster hat and Phoebe got a cotton gnome hat. Aren't they cute?






I made Finn some Star Wars pj pants


Finn, Phoebe, my sister-in-law and a niece and a nephew each got a bag (I was on a bag kick this year). Each bag was very personalized, and the kids were filled with a tiny (store bought) surprise.





Phoebe and her same-age cousin each got a Sweet Little Dress (I LOVE this pattern)




Santa brought more wee gnomes for my children


Finn's teachers got felted bowls filled with yummy treats


A few special people got bath salts


Lots of folks got home-made lip balm


I made a few felted ornaments for faraway friends



And this cute knitting basket ornament for my knitting friends


Now when I look at the list, it seems like a lot, but somehow I was never terribly overwhelmed. Did you make handmade gifts this holiday? I would love to see what everyone else made (or received!). If you have posted about handmade gift, please share the link in a comment!!

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! How absolutley lovely. What lucky gift recipients! The pics of the kids in their toques are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely, thoughtful gifts. It was homemade here as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - such beautiful gifts! You did an amazing job!

    The little knitting basket melts my heart.

    I'm working on my handmade Christmas gifts post as we speak! I hope next year I will have more knitted items to give. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been a very busy crafter!! Lovely projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to remember comments on my blog where you'd tell me you didn't know how I got it all done. But Mama, you've blown me out of the water!!! WOW!!! I kept thinking, "this pic must be the last one", but there was always another beautiful picture of your handmades!!! Such a beautiful long list! You rocked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to do as many handmade gifts as possible too. I love the little knitting bag ornaments and the Sweet Little Dress pattern! Oh! makes me what to try sewing again. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute stuff Taryn your family is very lucky. I love my ornament so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow! how absolutely beautiful every single thing is!!! wow!

    ReplyDelete