Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Yarn Along


Happily joining in with Ginny at Small Things for an October Yarn Along. I am almost finished with my surprise gift for a special little lady in my life (no spoilers here!) and I hope I can finish before next week. I need to, since I really need to get started on Halloween costumes!! I still haven't been finding much time to knit these days.. it seems like by the time everything is finished each night, I am too tired to contemplate anything but laying down.
In the reading world, I am still chugging along on The Shock Doctrine, which I have been reading for months. It is fascinating, but intense, so I never manage to read too much in one sitting. I am also reading The Red Tent, which is captivating and has been great to pull me into another world for the short moments that I can get away. I am also reading Not Just Spirited, which is a book about a mother trying to figure out what is wrong with her child and her journey along that path. Since I feel like I am currently on a similar journey, it has been a comforting read.
The cooler weather is making my fingers itch to knit, to hopefully I will have some new, exciting projects to share with you next week!
What are you reading? What are you knitting? Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you have found a book to read that offers you comfort as you travel along your path of life. I do love when books touch our souls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the yarn you are using? I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy you have a book that gives you comfort! Sending you lots of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you are finding some comfort in that book. Love that colour of that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. let me know about The Red Tent...
    never got around to that one and everyone I know has!

    ReplyDelete