Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Spooky (not really) Yarn Along


Happy Halloween! Getting quite a late start to my yarn along today! Joining in with Ginny at Small Things. 
Making some progress on the tiny tea leaves sweater that will be a Christmas present for Phoebe. I am loving the yarn (Malabrigo) and loving the pattern so far.
As for reading, I am still chugging along on Raising a Sensory Smart Child. It is the best book I have read yet that explains exactly what sensory processing disorder is. Since Finn was recently diagnosed with this, I want to learn as much as I can about this disorder. I also decided to start The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest because I really needed something to take my mind off of everything else for a bit. So far, it has been harder to get into than the other 2 in the series, but I am sure that it will be good.
What are you knitting? What are you reading?

Wishing you all a fun Halloween! Excited to share our pictures tomorrow!

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. that sweater is so sweet, and i love the blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. anything knit in malabrigo is bound to be awesome, but a tiny tea leaves? delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to look around for that book. The Out of Sync Child is all I have and I don't really need to figure out if my child has sensory issues, I know he does, I need strategies for living with it. And I wish I had someone to knit a tiny tea leaves for, I'm surrounded by boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. tea leaves and malabrigo are a PERFECT combination :) Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete