Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Farmers Market....

This time of year is my favorite time for farmer's markets in Portland. There are still plenty of yummy summer goodies, like berries and peppers, (and corn on the cob has arrived!) but there are also all of the cooler weather delights that I have missed since spring... potatoes, greens, leeks, apples and pears. The variety of colors is amazing, and to me, it is the most delicious time of year.
This morning was a perfect end-of-summer morning, with blue skies and still-warm weather... just perfect for a trip to the market.




Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing these photos of your family! I love fall produce the most. All those apples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a perfect morning! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so lucky to have that abundance of fresh food :) Lovely family!

    ReplyDelete