Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Amazing, Non-Toxic Silver Polish

While doing some organizing and purging recently, I noticed that a lot of my silver jewelry was badly tarnished, and needed some love. I hate using chemical products in my home, so I had no silver polish and didn't want to buy any.
After a brief search online, I found an amazingly handy solution: toothpaste! And it worked like a charm. I even use Tom's, a more natural toothpaste than most, and it still worked great. It made me a little nervous that the same stuff I was putting in my mouth could wipe tarnish off of silver, but happy that it was an easy jewelry cleaning solution. Cheap, non-toxic, and always on-hand!




Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I never would have thought of using toothpaste. Will definitely have to remember this.

    ReplyDelete