Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Yarn Along and A Summer Solstice

Joining in with Ginny over at Small Things for a summer solstice yarn along today! The kids and I are in Chicago for 2 weeks visiting my family, and it has been in the 90's ever since I got here.... Going from 50's and raining in Portland to 90's and sunny here feels like I flew from winter to summer!
I was not able to finish Phoebe's Helena sweater before I left for Chicago, so I brought it with me (along with 2 other knitting projects) in hopes that I would find some time while I was here. I was able to make some progress before I left and am almost done with all of the lace part..... and I have managed to not make any more major mistakes either!
I started reading The Magicians by Lev Grossman. I am enjoying it, but I am also feeling like many of the ideas were borrowed from Harry Potter and The Chronicles of Narnia. Finn and I also started reading The Wizzard of Oz as our bedtime book. It is so fun to go back and read books with Finn that I haven't read since my childhood.
What are you reading and knitting on the first day of summer?
Happy Solstice! Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Have fun visiting the family and staying cool. Love your knitting project-beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finishing The Might Queens of Freeville by Amy Dickinson, a memoir (I love memoirs). Just got Catching Fire and Mockingjay from Amazon and hoping to finish those this summer!

    So many similar ideas for books follow successful bestsellers or classics such as Harry Potter and Narnia. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty color Taryn, it will look great on her.
    Thanks again for pub knitting with me I will miss you while your gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are finding some time to work on your projects. I love the color. Enjoy your reading as well and have fun in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous color yarn and it looks like you have not too much left to complete. Enjoy Chicago! Tell us about your visit - I've never been but want to.

    ReplyDelete