Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Summer Reading Has Begun!

Our library has a wonderful summer reading program where kids sign up, mark off boxes as they read (or are read to!) and earn prizes along the way. I signed up the kids yesterday and Finn is so excited! He loves reading and I can only hope that Phoebe will be as enthusiastic as she grows.
Does your local library have a summer reading program for kids?
Happy Reading! Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. It's so great that you are doing this with your kids. I always signed my little ones up for summer reading programs where ever we lived...they earned all kinds of prizes...including free major league baseball tickets for the family! Raising readers is so important! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely enjoyed these reading programs when I was in grade school. {Wish they had one for adults!}

    ReplyDelete