Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Yarn Along

Happy yarn along! Joining in with Ginny over at Small Things.
This week I am reading Having Faith by Sandra Steingraber. I read her book Living Downstream in college, and last year I was lucky enough to see a screening of her new movie with the same name. At the time, I added Having Faith to my goodreads to-read list, and have finally found the chance. I am just a few chapters in, but so far I am enjoying it. I am also reading The Girl Who Played With Fire. I read Girl with the Dragon Tattoo a couple months back, and when my mom send this out for me, I couldn't resist.
In terms of knitting, my week has been a disaster. Phoebe's small things sweater sweater has been eluding me, and what I thought I could knit on dpns actually requires a circular knitting needle, and sadly, I am still at the same place I was last week. I also started a wee bunny for Finn's Easter basket (loosely following this pattern, but with a lot of changes). I made the entire body and head, decided I hated how the variegated colors were looking, and so I frogged it and have started over again with different yarn. I am liking it better this time, thankfully. And, most of my knitting that has actually happened is on a gift that is a surprise, although I made several mistakes in that as well. Not my knitting week I guess!
As I am hoping to get the bunny and sweater both finished in time for Easter, hopefully I will have fun things to share next week!
What are you reading and knitting? Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't even attempt Easter knitting...I know my track record and little toys always trip me up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love, "Having Faith"!!

    I'll be interested in hearing what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate knitting weeks like that, hang in there, it will get better :) Fingers crossed you find the time to get it all finished for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your deadline! I keep wondering about knitting - I'll probably end up like I did last year - frantically knitting at the last second.
    Your photo is beautiful! Your garden is already looking amazing - it that rhubarb??!! Trying not to be jealous...we are barely snow-free!

    ReplyDelete