Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Snowy Morning

The first day of spring was Tuesday, and today we awoke to a blanket of snow across the yard. Snow always makes me a bit excited, giddy even... but, I am also ready for some weather that more closely resembles spring. I am ready to hike, to garden, to wear sunglasses. This is always the worst time in Portland... when everyone else is having spring, but we are still having winter... possibly for about 2 more months. My family in Chicago is currently enjoying (?) weather in the 80's. It sounds nice, but also a little freaky. Is there anyone who still doesn't believe in climate change? Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. My family in Toronto is enjoying unseasonably warm weather- every time I see a photo of a FB friend enjoying the nice weather it freaks me out a bit- It is worrisome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are just outside of Toronto and enjoying summer weather. I have spent the last 10 days cleaning the yard and getting the gardens ready, things I usually do at the beginning of May. A little freaky, but we did break a ton of temparature records the last 10 days which means at some other point in history they experienced the same weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After four days of temps in the 80s, I'm wondering the same thing. Everything seems to be a month or so ahead of schedule - I'm listening to peepers outside our bedroom window right now, and I can't believe it's still March!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I would have thought Chicago was was colder that that!
    Enjoy the snow, Spring will come.
    Thanks for visiting today.
    : )
    C

    ReplyDelete