Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny over at Small Things for this week's yarn along.
Well, not much knitting happened this past week, with my mom in town, a first birthday party, and a lot of catching up on life to do! I did manage to finish Phoebe's aardvark, which will be her birthday present, along with the dress I finished up a few weeks ago. I also managed to finish up a knit gift for a baby-on-the-way, and managed to sneak in a few rows of Phoebe's tea-party top.
I am still reading Pride and Prejudice, although I am starting to get into much more, and it seems to be easier going. I am also still finishing up Eating Animals, and am loving it.
My next dilemma is choosing a book to have my class read next term for a literature review. I am debating between 4 books, 2 of which I have read previously (Soil Not Oil And The Weathermakers) and 2 of which I have not (We Are The Weathermakers and Eaarth). My plan is to read We Are The Weathermakers and Eaarth, and then to skim through the ones I have read previously to try and see which would be the best fit for my class next term. But, looking at that stack of to-reads (and all non-fiction on the same topic!) sort of makes me shutter!!
What are you reading and knitting?
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Love seeing all those library books! Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book - gets easier to read as you get more familiar with the language - I suggest you see the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth (hear my heart go thumpa thumpa)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's one!???!!!! How on earth did that happen? And her aardvark is the cutest thing ever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little aardvark looks so sweet!
    I'm sorry I'm not much help on the reading front, those look like some heavy titles!
    Happy yarn along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the aardvark. I'm sure she was pleased. There he is, with his snout to the ground already searching for food...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the aardvark, so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That aardvark is the cutest! Did you ever see the cartoon, "Ant and the Aardvark". That's a lot of reading but it's an important issue. Best of luck!
    xo,
    Ang (peach coglo)

    ReplyDelete