Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekending

 
Joining in with Amanda from Habit of Being for a weekending post.... 

This weekend was the perfect mix of
excitement and relaxation
(Although I was not nearly as "productive"
as I had hoped I would be.
But who really needs a clean house anyways?)

Friday evening, Todd and I headed out
on a double date with dear friends.
Dinner and music, The Wood Brothers,
which was a most fabulous show.
I certainly got my groove on...
We came home to some not-so-happy kids
(and a not-so-happy babysitter)....
Oh well.
At least it was worth it for a night on the town.

Saturday morning Todd brought home
the best French pastries and a rice milk latte.
The sun was out and spring seemed to be
in the air.
Finn and I roamed the neighborhood
and noticed buds beginning to form
and bulbs pushing their leaves
out of the ground.
A trip to the park
because we couldn't stay away from the sun,
and then I headed to a baby blessing
for my dear friend Heidi.
Delicious cupcakes, wonderful conversation
and a lovely wet-felted wall hanging
for the mama-to-be.
I came home to good wine and Italian dinner
(thank you hubby),
as well as to a cranky 4 year old who went to bed at 6:30.
A movie and some knitting,
a little bit of reading,
and ended the night snuggled up with Miss P.

Sunday morning, we got up and
headed to the coast!
I was so in need of the ocean
and the soothing sound of the waves.
The dogs ran wild,
Finn dug and built,
and a crawling Phoebe realized that she was
not so fond of sand.
On the drive home both kiddos slept.
Mama was happy and knit the whole way back.
Back in Portland
it felt like spring
Warm and sunny
and people outside everywhere.
Dinner on the grill,
the boys watched the superbowl.
And I enjoyed a few moments of silence
before the start of a hectic week.




Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day on the water! I like all the images of the sand and water- never tried rice latte's I'll have to check those out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great weekend. love the shots you took at the coast - it's been far too long since i've had salt spray in my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I'm longing for the ocean.
    Sounds like such a wonderful weekend. Despite not getting as much done as you'd hoped. I start every weekend with a list as long as my arm - I'm lucky if I get one thing crossed off by the end of it. Too much fun to be had to think about work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, your dog looks so happy, how sweet. Like, I cant see the ocean but I can smell it and taste it .
    Fun, i am a little sad I wont be making my yearly birthday trip to the ocean...well maybe we still can if babe is earth side. i just wouldn't want to labor in the mountain passes on the way back to Portland.
    This weather is fantstic, i want to plant some seeds!

    ReplyDelete