Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2012's First Snow

Portland doesn't get much snow, but we usually see a couple of storms each winter, some (much) bigger than others. We had our first snowfall (OK, dusting) of 2012 on Sunday, with a little more snow today. Most of it melted as it hit the ground, but it did have a nice ambiance. I miss the days of snowy Colorado and Montana winters and I am envious of all of the folks that had a chance to head up to Mt. Hood and play. Todd gave me 2 day passes to go snowboarding this winter... now I just need to make plans to use them!
There is the possibility of more snow this week. I know that I would love to have a snow day... how about you? Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Your winter sounds like ours! We've had tons of days in the 40s with LOTS of rain, but every time it gets cold enough for snow, the sky is clear. We've only had two days with any real accumulation, and that was only about a half inch each time. I would love a real snow day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a snow day last week, and a wee bit of snow last night, and we had a 2 hour delay this morning. Now it's raining :( Not how the rain melts the snow, then it all freezes up and makes everything so slippery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take the snow day if it means the little man will let me stay in bed and sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete