Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Handmade Holiday

Well, my 2 big projects I was hoping to finish in time for Christmas are still on my needles: a hooded sweater and a felted stocking, both for Phoebe. In the meantime though, I have been busy creating a few other handmade holiday gifts:

felted acorn ornaments:
the idea for these came from Rhythm of the Home's tutorial for acorn necklaces. I just made the string a wee bit shorter so that they were the perfect size for ornaments. And I sort of suck at making felted balls, so mine don't look quite as nice.. ;)

A set of 12 hand-dyed  play silks for Finn. I dyed these (with my friend's advice) using water colors and they came out great. It was definitely a messy project, but they look pretty sweet!

A "Be Merry" bunting. I actually made this to sell in my etsy shop, but haven't yet been able to get a presentable picture of the whole thing. It may be a little late at this point!


Some kimono xmas PJs for Miss P. I used the same pattern as I did for these, but just made the arms longer.

And, of course, we have been busy making cookies. On tomorrow's agenda are a couple of batches of saltine toffee, my favorite holiday treat. You can find my super super special recipe for them here.

Hope all you crafty mamas are getting your holiday gifts finished up in time! Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Great projects- Good thing P isn't going to care that her presents aren't finished in time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those PJs are adorable. And those cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, look at all that holiday goodness! I absolutely love the acorn ornaments

    ReplyDelete