Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny over at Small Things for another Yarn Along.  The past couple of weeks I have been doing more sewing than knitting (I finished up the first thing I sewed from a pattern last night!), but I have managed to crank out a couple of gnome hats for the kids, and I started a second sweater for Phoebe! This is another Debbie Bliss pattern, the dufflecoat, and since it only goes up to 12 months, I decided that now is the time. Miss P is already 8.5 months, so hopefully I can get this thing finished before she gets too big. The pressure is on! And, I realized I am on a green yarn kick. I bought the same colorway for the kids hats and Phoebe's new sweater (at different times), plus some more for Phoebe's stocking (which is on my to-do list).
In the world of reading, I got Haruki Murakami's brand new book, 1Q84, from the library last week and only have 10 more days before it is due. And, it is huge. 925 pages. Luckily, like everything Murakami writes, it sucks you in to the surreal story, and it goes by quick. Hard to put it down. I am about 550 pages in, and am hooked.
What are you reading? What are you knitting (or yarning, as Finn likes to say!)?
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. That hat is adorable! I've been meaning to read Murakami since Wind-Up Bird Chronicles came out, but haven't yet done so. Glad the new one is so engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha! Such an adorable hat! Great job.

    ReplyDelete