Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Yarn Along... Again? Already?

Wow! Where has the past week gone? It's already time for another yarn along? Joining in with Ginny at Small Things  to share what I am knitting and reading.
I am still working on Phoebe's dufflecoat, which is going much slower than I anticipated. I think it is because I have been doing a lot of sewing lately, which hasn't left much time for knitting. I also just cast on for Phoebe' felted stocking. I made Finn a felted stocking last year, so I thought it was only fair that I make one for Phoebe as well. My to-knit list for the holidays is ever-growing, so I want to cast on for about 5 different things.. however, I am making myself stick to 2 at a time.
I just started reading Amy Tan's Saving Fish from Drowning. I just finished up Shanghai Girls a couple days ago.. I guess I am on a Chinese-American literature kick.
What are you reading? What are you knitting? Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Sewing is good too. I'm with you - yarn along already? December is tomorrow already? I really feel this year has just whizzed by with a few blinks of an eye. The dufflecoat is such a lovely shade of green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy Tan is a great author, I've enjoyed other books of hers. Good call on sticking to two projects at a time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE last years felted stocking. I'm sure the new one will be equally cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to read in themes, too. I had an Chinese Literature kick a few years ago - have you read Snowflower and the Secret Fan (also by Lisa See) or Good Earth (Pearl S. Buck)? I enjoyed both of those (although I don't remember much). I've got to check out the two you've been enjoying.

    ReplyDelete