Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Feeling Thankful

Today, I am feeling thankful that our cat, Flash, has returned home! We are out of town visiting family, and our pet sitter called yesterday afternoon to say that Flash, who normally goes outside for about 10 minutes at a time, hadn't been seen for 24 hours. As yesterday afternoon turned to evening, and he still hadn't been seen, I had begun to feel fairly grim. Not coming home for more than a day is completely unlike this cat, and I started to imagine all of the possibilities that could exist for his fate.
Since we are nowhere near our home, I was feeling pretty helpless in the search for him. We had already alerted the local shelters and our neighbors. I had updated his microchip information. We couldn't do much but wait by our phones and hope for good news.... And, late last night, as I was in the process of making a "Lost Cat" flier for our pet sitter to hang around the neighborhood, our lovely pet sitter called us with the welcome new of his return.
Flash has been a part of my family for 12 years, ever since I took him in as a foster cat at 3 weeks old (and never had the heart to bring him back to the shelter), and the two of us have always had a special bond. I am giving thanks a few days early for his safe return home... even though I won't get to see him until Thanksgiving Day. Welcome home Flashy! Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. So glad he came back, he sure is a sweet loving cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good he came back home - maybe Flash wanted to follow you so he could have turkey too?

    ReplyDelete