Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny at Small Things for this week's Yarn Along. In knitting news, I have made some more (but slow) progress on Phoebe's crossover top sweater from Debbie Bliss' Essential Baby. I have finished the back and one of the front panels and have started on the second. Then just the sleeves, the trim, and figuring out how to sew this thing together!!
I am almost finished with three different books: The Road, The One Straw Revolution and I Love Dirt. The Road is depressing and sad, yet I can't seem to stop reading it. I had nightmares a few nights ago after reading it right before bed though.... One Straw Revolution is wonderful. I am planning on doing a posted review of this one when I finish (which should be this week). I Love Dirt is a cute book about getting kids to interact more with nature. So far it is a bit too common sense for my family, but may be exactly what more out-of-touch (from nature) families may need.
What are you reading? What are you knitting? Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I once avoided sweaters that had to be seamed together for fear of screwing up all that knitting. Once you get the hang of it sewing all those seams can actually be kind of relaxing. Or at least I think so! ;)

    Looking forward to your review later on One Straw Revolution.

    ~Cynthia
    brambleberriesintherain.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stitch and Bitch has a great tutorial in it for joining knits seamlessly that I use very often. Let me know if you need to borrow it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely yarn colour! I must pick up some plum coloured yarn soon, I think it's an awesome colour for a nice warm Fall/Winter sweater! :)

    ReplyDelete