Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins

These muffins are almost too good to have for breakfast! They are perfect for those mornings when you are feeling like you deserve a treat, but want something a little more nourishing than a doughnut.

What You Need:
  • 1 1/4 cups whole oats oats
  • 1 1/4 cups milk (I use rice milk but dairy works fine too)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
What You Do: 
  • Combine oats and milk and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Oil your muffin tin.
  • Stir egg, oil, brown sugar, and chocolate chips into the oat and milk mixture.
  • Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add oat mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just moist.
  • Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until ready. Enjoy!!


Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. we have oatmeal cookies on the list of things to make- I'll suggest these because I would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should try these, as nothing is sounding good to me these days;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I've been looking for a good oat muffin recipe. Did you use quick oats or slow oats?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used slow oats. Make sure you soak them though... if you don't, there will be oat-crunches in your muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My very, very picky eater loves these! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete