Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

DIY Gravel Play Table

 On Sunday, the family headed to The Rebuilding Center, an awesome used building supply store located in Portland. We were in search of wood to build Finn a gravel table. And, for $4.80, we got what we needed to build the table, and we re-used some wood that was destined for a landfill.
Sunday afternoon Todd and Finn were hard at work putting the table together, and it has been a big hit with Finn. In the summer I plan to have it double as a water-play table by putting a shallow bin filled with water on top of the gravel.


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I bet my little ones would love a gravel pit table :). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete