Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Scrumptious Applesauce Muffins

Yesterday I was craving apple muffins, but didn't have a recipe that I was totally in love with. And, some perusing online resulted in many recipes, most of which I couldn't make because I didn't have an ingredient (like sour scream), hadn't set butter out to soften, or they just didn't sound that great. So, I sort of amalgamated several recipes into one of my own, and the muffins turned out to be delicious! I thought I would share the recipe with you:

What You Need:
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce (I used some chunky applesauce that I made last fall. It had a lot of cinnamon in it.... if you use plain applesauce, add 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon to this recipe as well)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • Cinnamon and sugar for dusting
What You Do:
  • Preheat oven to 375 F
  • Beat oil, eggs and sugar until smooth.
  • Add applesauce and vanilla
  • Blend in flour, baking powder and baking soda
  • Pour into greased muffins tins
  • Add a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar to the top of each muffin
  • Bake for about 20 minutes
Pin It Now!

1 comment: