Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Egg Stained Glass

Earlier this week, Finn and I made some fun Easter "stained glass" eggs. They were simple enough even for a 3 year to do (once I had done the prep work).
Here's what you do:
Cut some tissue paper into small squares or any shape that you fancy. This is a great opportunity to use up some of that tissue paper that is too crumpled to re-use for present packing, but is great for art projects.
Now cut an egg shape out of construction paper
Cut out a piece of contact paper slightly larger than the egg. You can get contact paper at hardware stores.
Lay the egg onto the contact paper. Now stick the squares of tissue paper onto the contact paper, filling up the middle of the egg.
Once your egg is full of color, add another sheet of contact paper on the top.
Now cut around your egg shape, cutting close to the edge.
Hang in a sunny window! Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing what crafts you are up to! One of these days I am actually going to do some of them!

    ReplyDelete